For most of the courses provided by the Language Service you have to register online. Only in the cases of Catalan courses for beginners and Spanish courses is it necessary for you to do your registration in person.
To do your registration online, click on the name of the course you are interested in and follow the instructions. You can make the single payment in one of two ways: a) make a bank transfer or go to the bank and make a cash payment into the account specified on the registration form, or b) make a secure web payment (by bank card). If you decide on option a), at the end of the online registration procedure print out a copy of the registration form and make the bank transfer or go to the bank to make the payment. Whatever payment option you choose, you must ensure that you send the Language Service the following documents:
- Photocopy of your identity card or passport (scanned or on paper).
- For option a), receipt of payment or bank transfer; for option b), confirmation of payment.
- If you are a URV student, photocopy of your registration for your degree (scanned or on paper).
These documents have to be handed in to the secretary's office of the Language Service (or left in a sealed envelope in the letter box). All documents must be handed in before the beginning of the course and, at the latest, seven days after doing the registration. Once this procedure has been completed, the registration is definitive.
If you are interested in one of the following courses, you must do so in person at the secretary's office of the Language Service during office hours (Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.):
- Catalan courses for beginners: Gràcies programme, Basic 1, Basic 2, Elementary 1 and Elementary 2
- Spanish courses for foreigners: ELE 1, ELE 2, ELE 3 and ELE 4
- The courses provided by the Language Service are designed for the members of the URV (students, administrative and service staff, and teaching and research staff), although some are also open to people who do not belong to the University, as long as they are at least 17 years old or will turn 17 during the current calendar year.
- The number of places on the Language Service's courses are limited and are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
- The registration is not considered to be valid until the corresponding fee has been paid and the documents handed in to the secretary's office of the Language Service before the established deadlines.
- Applications to cancel the registration for justified reasons will be accepted if they are made before the course starts. Once the course has started, the registration can only be cancelled in the case of documented severe illness.
- Those students who have studied a particular foreign language during their secondary education cannot study the first level of the same language at core curriculum prices.
- Students will be exempt from paying registration fees and the costs of academic certificates if they are members of a general or special category large family (50% or 100% exemption, respectively), if they can document a disability of 33% or above (100%), if they and their dependent children have been victims of gender violence (100%) or if they and their spouse and children have been victims of acts of terrorism (100%). These exemptions will only be applied the first time that you register for the first year. If you repeat the year, even if it is via another learning modality, you will not be eligible for the exemptions.
- The URV reserves the right to suspend the courses if the number of students registered on a particular course is not sufficient. In this case, all the quantities paid will be returned in full.
- By completing the registration procedure, you show that you are in agreement with the above conditions.
Mobility students at the URV can obtain ECTS credits by passing the following courses: the Catalan course for beginners (A1), 1,5 ECTS; the Gràcies programme, 1 ECTS; basic 1, 4 ECTS; Basic 2, 4 ECTS; Elementary 1, 4 ECTS; Elementary 2, 4 ECTS.
For the general courses, you should ask your faculty or school to recognise the credits after you have satisfactorily completed the course and collected the corresponding certificate (to find out exactly what the conditions are for each degree, please enquire at the secretary's office of your faculty/school).
Spanish for foreigners
If you pass one of the Spanish courses you may be able to obtain 4 ECTS credits.
In general, the online registration for language courses begins at 9 a.m. on the first day of the registration period and finishes at 23:59 p.m. on the final day. For information about the different registration periods, please click on the links below.